Elder Cooper Siebers has been called to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He will serve for 24 months in the Brazil, Rio de Janeiro mission. He enters the Provo, Utah Missionary Training Center on 10 July 2013.

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

95. Rio das Ostras, Rio de Janeiro

5 May 2015


Wow. Where do I even begin with such an epic week? I´ll have to be brief about everything to be able to give a good summary of this weeks events. 

This week was our week in Trio, We dropped E. Hamilton off in Rio and spent the entire day traveling (Tuesday) We got back to work Wednesday covering the entire city of Rio das Ostras, covering all of our own investigators and those of Elder L. It was fun to be able to teach some of my friends from the English class. We had an incredible lesson with a woman named X from the English class. She is coming to church and this week heard about baptisms for the dead and was left very doubtful. We went to visit her and she asked us to explain for about it from the Bible. We gladly did so and she began to weep and explained how she didn't believe we were going to be able to show her. She began talking about the implication it would have in her life and of those she loves if it were a true doctrine. 

We worked until Saturday when we were to receive the phone call about transfers. nothing. We went to church not knowing about the transfer at all. We had so many of our investigators there , (mostly from the English class). We got the phone call finally at 6:20 in the evening that only Elder L was transferred. We left Rio das Ostras at 8 pm and arrived in Rio at midnight. We went to the support house (where missionaries from a far spend the night) and no one was there. I. love. adventure. So that's how we found ourselves in Rio Cumprido, a super dangerous part of Rio :D at midnight, stranded. Luckily there is another missionary house nearby, we got things figured out quickly and grabbed a taxi to Botafogo to spend the night. 20 missionaries in one house, 10 mattresses in total, I spent an awful night on the floor. 

Transfer meeting was yesterday bright and early. Junior from Madureira was there, and we talked for a good while about the ward.  Elder Evans is returning to Rio das Ostras (I took his place when I arrived here) and its going to be a great last 4 weeks! We had Famly home evening with Y (whom Elder Evans baptized) and his wife X and another family they are helping to get to know the gospel. He freaked out when Elder Evans appeared. It was AWESOME!!! 

Today is Tuesday. Its downpouring here. We are going to visit M and F to help them continue to grow and learn everything they possibly can. Then some other investigators we have in our teaching pool for the rest of the day. 

Mothers day arrived so quickly, I hadn't even realized that it was so near. We haven't really made plans yet because of all the transfer drama. I'm sorry i don't have any information as of now. It will most likely be after we have lunch on Sunday, 2:00-3:30 ish, also depending if we have to do it one at a time and so on. When I get better details, I'll send an email through the camera, with the time. (I'll try) If any problems, I log onto Skype through Facebook, I'll send a message to you guys and well figure it out on the spot. Just have FB open to be ready.

I love you guys soooo much!!!!!!!
Elder Siebers

No comments:

Post a Comment