Elder Cooper Siebers has been called to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He will serve for 24 months in the Brazil, Rio de Janeiro mission. He enters the Provo, Utah Missionary Training Center on 10 July 2013.

Monday, May 25, 2015

98. Rio das Ostras, Rio de Janeiro

25 May 2015

Hey everyone, sorry for the late start this morning, weve kinda had a crazy week and today began in a search for a decent new LAN House to send emails. I realize I didnt send updates from last week, so I'll give some highlights real fast, even though two weeks ago already seems in the distant past....

I believe I sent a photo from the _____baptism. He was a another great story. I´ll sum it up. He appeared out of no where at church three weeks ago and we began teaching him that very week. Turns out his father has been a member for a very long time, well had been, anyways, he is 19 years old, just had his first child and recently he separated from his wife. He's going through an incredibly tough time. He remembered the church that his father participated and searched it out that Sunday. He was completely ready to receive the gospel and needs it so much durng this trying period of his life. The father lives here as well, we already met and talked with him. He knows he needs to come back but he needs to get some things back in order first. He was part of the bishopric after all... kinda a crazy story to be told later :D

So that was one major miracle, but it gets even better...

We also worked hard this week to prepare _______for her baptism yesterday. Sh'es the grandaughter of _____, and we´re currently teaching the entire family. I love them so much and they have literally become family to us. 

So that makes two huge miracles from this week. The third was the most impressive if you ask me.  We met ___ while we were teaching ___ and on one day we gave a brief introduction to our work, purpose as missionaries and the church in general. We invited her to participate and she kindly refused. She stated that she participates in [another church] and is content. We of course accepted her choice. 

About 2 weeks later I get a phone call from ___ and out of no where she had this immense desire to be baptized in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. We RAN there immediately and began teaching all the lessons. She accepted everything we taught and expressed much of her complaints with her previous affiliation.  She also expressed her difficulty in changing over 17 years. While in the lesson she looked at us and said

"I dont want to be baptized on satuday... " We just looked at her with a sad look...

"I want to be baptized before" And we marked the day for the following day which was wednesday :D

I'm sorry the story isnt all nicely written, I'm typing as fast as I can to get everything in!

So this week was jsut overall... INTENSE. We were running around all week teaching, interviewing and we also had a move this week.... except this time it was our own.

So we moved. We have a new apartment, even further from our area. its on the top floor, 5th, and has an incredible view of the neighborhood and surrounding mountains. I'll send pics someday,,, or when I'm at home :D

Cleaning an old missionary house was NASTY, and we're still not done, we'll have to spend several hours to finish off the job this week. 



So thats pretty much the scoop on things. It still hasn't hit me that I'm coming home so soon, I'm just doing what I've always done. I think the best way to really take adventage of this last week is to just keep working. There are several appointments we made this week to visit beloved members and recent converts, it's going to be a great last week. 

The members this Sunday threw a churrasco for me which was AWESOME!

I love you all so much, and can't wait to see ya'll soon!

Elder Siebers

No comments:

Post a Comment