Elder Cooper Siebers has been called to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He will serve for 24 months in the Brazil, Rio de Janeiro mission. He enters the Provo, Utah Missionary Training Center on 10 July 2013.

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

94. Rio das Ostras, Rio de Janeiro

27 April 2015

Good Morning everyone! I´ll be honest with you all. I feel like the last leaf on the tree,  being beaten by the wind, holding on while the winter approaches. I'm tired, beat, but this week, the sacrifices make it all worth it. The Lord truly prepares people to receive the gospel. X and Y were so open to the gospel. They felt the spirit with each passing day, didnt deny it and make the commitment with God to follow him. It doesnt get any better than that for a missionary. They already are excited to go to the temple next year. I told them I´ll try my best to be there. I look at their two your old daughter  and see a bright future. One where she will grow up with loving parents, and the gospel to orient her life. 



Last night I met the sister of one of our investigators, 15 years old and is living with a 23 year old man. Its those types of things that leave me reflecting deeply on the cruelty the world has to offer. When I was 15, I was still a child, played video games, sports, and messed around. Imagine having your innocent childhood taken away from you at such a young age. Thats not something you can get back. 

That's why when i see little X2, my heart swells that things will be entirely different for her. Her dad said to us, "I just want to be the best father for her that I can be" and now he has truth to become. 

My time has passed. It will be nice when we can talk without time restrictions :D

I love you all so much!

Elder Siebers

No comments:

Post a Comment