Elder Cooper Siebers has been called to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He will serve for 24 months in the Brazil, Rio de Janeiro mission. He enters the Provo, Utah Missionary Training Center on 10 July 2013.

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

92. Rio das Ostras, Rio de Janeiro

12 April 2015

Comfort. I guess it's what we unconsciously feel when we´ve settled into a predictable routine. It's when life is easy, things are going swimmingly, there are few surprises. It's a good feeling, but I also think its something that interferes with our progression. New experiences and changes can bring new enlightenment. 

Wednesday, 1:00 P.M. Elder R and I had just finished eating lunch at home, the member wasn't going to be home so she left us with some cash. We were preparing to leave and we had an awesome day planned. The phone rings. Elder K, our zone leader, asks us how we are doing, how the day is going and then continues, "Are you guys close to home?"  Luckily this very moment we were home. "Elder R, pack your bags, your being transferred." 

That was the shock that came this week. Because of an incident, not any missionary's fault we had to have an emergency transfer. We spent the entire day traveling, finishing up some last minute things for Elder R. 

My new comp is Elder F. L. from Recife.  He's a new missionary with roughly 5 months. He's been in the zone ever since I arrived so we already kinda new each other. He's a great guy, hilarious and we share tons of interests. He break dances so I´m going to have take advantage of that! Although, I tried to mimic a move of his and I tweaked my knee pretty bad... not pretty, but only 7 more weeks :D



That brings me to my next point. Do I have dental and doctor appointments marked, because I need to get myself checked out...

Returning to my original subject. Saying goodbye to Elder R was difficult. We had incredible rhythm, we knew each other so well, so many experiences we've passed through. I love that guy. 

But I'm with a new missionary who is teaching me new things each day. change is good. 

We had some incredible miracles this Sunday, including a mother and son whom entered the church just out of curiosity and stayed. We also had a family that we lost contact with about a month ago suddenly reappear at church. The english class is providing new people to teach each week and we had a new AWESOME couple from the ward be called as ward missionaries (that couple I mentioned that lived in CT. They are like my parents here! ) They have awesome awesome ideas, so I'm stoked!!!

I love you all so much, I hope you are enjoying the warmer weather! 

Elder Siebers





No comments:

Post a Comment