Elder Cooper Siebers has been called to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He will serve for 24 months in the Brazil, Rio de Janeiro mission. He enters the Provo, Utah Missionary Training Center on 10 July 2013.

Monday, April 6, 2015

91. Rio das Ostras, Rio de Janeiro

6 April 2015

Hey everyone, I hope you all had a nice Easter weekend. Sorry for the late letter, we decided to get up and take a stroll to some beautiful sites in Rio das Ostras, I'll have to send the photos via camera a bit later! 



So it was another difficult week, me and my companion are struggling to get one of our investigators to progress.  I can always feel when someone has true desire and is willing to make sacrifices. I can see it in their eyes. I can see it in the way they speak with us.

Although we don't have too much going on for us, I'm still overly excited for X, the lady from McDonalds.  She went to General Conference this week with her 3 kids and is on board for baptism this Saturday. I'm literally freaking out!





Some other highlights from this week,

I participated in the ordinance of the giving of the Holy Ghost for an 8 year old kid from the ward. I can't deny the feeling I get each time the Priesthood Authority is manifested through me. It's always one more conformation that the Priesthood of God is more than real. 

We ran into Guto from Alcantara once more as he travels from chapel to chapel working with chapel maintainance. He informed us that Y spoke in Sacrament meeting this past Sunday! yes.

So General Conference got off to a rocky start. We got informed that the conference would be broadcast to our local chapel which I thought strange since it isn't the stake center, but the bishop said it was all going to work out and they do it every year. So Saturday we are arriving at the church about noon to eat our lunch and we get a call from the bishop asking us to set up the entire thing.... he wasn't going to show up... so we quickly snagged the computer from the secretary's office and got the whole things armed. We had about 15 in attendance but the entire time it was freezing and most of the members left after almost 2 hours had passed and we only had listened to the first two talks...
The second session got better, 2 hours of conference in 3 hours :D

Sunday we had another member bring a laptop and we got much better reception and watched the sessions without flaw. So I watched all the sessions in Portuguese but then I downloaded some of the most intriguing talks and listened to them this morning in personal study. I was a big fan of President Uchtdorf"s talks, as always, and Elder Balllard had a killer talk for returned missionaries in the Priesthood session.

Good week. 
So many other stories to be told but this will have to suffice for now...
I love you all so much! Have a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment