Elder Cooper Siebers has been called to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He will serve for 24 months in the Brazil, Rio de Janeiro mission. He enters the Provo, Utah Missionary Training Center on 10 July 2013.

Monday, September 9, 2013

9. Gilbert AZ

9 September 2013

So we had a really packed week!

Last Monday, on Pday, after emailing we went home and played Risk again. This time people's feelings got hurt ... but I won again :) That night we went to a family reunion which they invited the missionaries to judge a chili cook off.

On Wednesday we had our temple trip. The Mesa temple is beautiful and it was built in 1929. Its wierd, I've been to the temple 4 times now and they all have been in different places. Boston, Palmyra, Provo, and now Mesa. We missed our session with our zone because Elder J forgot to wear a long sleeved shirt).  If you knew Elder J-t was pretty classic of him. I ran into Elder N for a quick minute which was the first time I'd seen any of my MTC buds since the transfer meeting.

That afternoon the Smiths took Elder P. and me to lunch which I know you guys knew all ready. We went to a tasty pizza place. My fav. Samantha couldn't make it I guess because she was working. Too bad :) [The Smiths are great friends of ours. Cooper's dad has known Cami since they were in Primary together in their ward in Chicago.  Scott met Jeff in the MTC when they were both there to prepare for their Spanish speaking American missions.  After Jeff and Scott returned from their missions, Jeff met Cami through Scott and they were married the same summer we were.  They have a daughter- Samantha who leaves soon on a mission to Meridia, Mexico.  Jeff and Cami live in Gilbert, so they were able to call Cooper and arrange to take him and his companion to lunch.  It is stories like this that remind me of the wonderful "community of Saints" the Church has provided for me in my life. Samantha is just a few months younger than Cooper.  For a few years the Smiths lived in NJ and we were able to get together on occasion.  But it has been years since Cooper has seen them.  Thank you Jeff and Cami for making this happen!]

Elder Cooper Siebers and Jeff Smith


Most of Thursday was taken up by a Zone Conference that went from 10-4 pm. The president and his AP's [Assistant to the President] did training for most of it.

It rained pretty hard the next day, and the people of Arizona LOVED it. Pretty cool!

Saturday was a fantastic day. Elder Neil L. Anderson came and visited us and told us some really cool things about the Gilbert mission. The brethren are looking at it very closely for the work here is the missionary work of the future. He claimed that if things don't work out then Gilbert will be reabsorbed by the Tempe and Mesa missions. Work through the members is key. All of the spiritual thoughts we have been sharing is to motivate and help the members teach those around them about the gospel.

I also got to see all my my MTC buds all day which was the best. Apparently one of us got our visas but they wont tell us until the end of the transfer or something...[I am fairly certain it is Cooper.  Don't ask me why.  I just know.  :)]

Elder Siebers- reunited with two of his MTC buddies.


Sunday was great to. I got assigned to speak in two different wards for next Sunday...awesome...

But the best part was that we got to take Jeff to the Visitors Center, and we were with him almost all day. You may have received some pictures from his girlfriend named Jeniffer . He may be my first baptism. Way neat. We have a lot in common which makes him awesome-  He loves classic muscle cars and NASCAR which makes him awesome.!

So yeah. Things are going swell!

[Cooper also included these photos from his service day on Bobbi's farm last week,  And I am guessing that this car belongs to Jeff?]





No comments:

Post a Comment