Elder Cooper Siebers has been called to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He will serve for 24 months in the Brazil, Rio de Janeiro mission. He enters the Provo, Utah Missionary Training Center on 10 July 2013.

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

3. MTC Provo UT

Hey everyone!

We are continuing to teach our "fake" investigators, our teachers, who play the role as investigators they taught on their own missions. Brother C and Brother D are the coolest teachers ever.

We had our first TRC experience this week. This is when we have to teach two 20 minutes lessons back to back with volunteers who come to the MTC. First we had a really chill BYU student, so that was hardly intimidating. Then we moved on to Brother J., he's in his 80s, I'd presume, and it was REALLY hard to understand what he was saying. He served a mission in Brazil when there was no MTC. He said that he went down there not knowing a single word of portuguese. Can you imagine?

The language finally hit what I've been hoping for, Although my grammar is still lacking, I'm getting so much better at speaking and recalling the words. Its honestly incredible!

All the Elders in my district are really close and get along really well. 

Mom, I've been using those small book markers you sent me to color mark scriptures in the Book of Mormon. Its beautiful. I'll send you a pic.

Elder Evans found a live bed bug this week, even after he went through all the procedures to kill them, so he's sleeping over some more. Which is AWESOME!!!

Mal- I'm loving the letters, please keep em up

Mom- keep posting, keep sending, I have enough snacks, but continue to send more if you want.

Jake- I sent you a letter, let me know of you got it. Im sooo pumped to see you here man! Let me know when you can if you're coming to Provo. I live in 6M, Rey L. Pratt, top floor, room 435. Come see me on the first night if I don't see you during the day

Parker- I love you man!!! Keep telling me about your life. I'll send you a private email later today. (that goes for Jake too)

I need QPs and Caidens Emails, let me know!

I'll be on later today. Gotta do some laundry.

Love Ya'll!



No comments:

Post a Comment