Elder Cooper Siebers has been called to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He will serve for 24 months in the Brazil, Rio de Janeiro mission. He enters the Provo, Utah Missionary Training Center on 10 July 2013.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

2. MTC- Provo, UT

Heyo!

Ok so the days here all blend together and I have no idea when things take place, so here are just some things, followed by the highlights.

So me and my roommates have been getting a long really well. They are really cool guys that I will definitetly be friends with for life. Elder B is just simply hilarious. Its been awesome. Our district is really tight, which is great, but we tend to get distracted and rowdy from time to time, I know I'm not helping.... Its just hard because we are studying in uncomfortable chairs, tired as can be in a room for 8+ hours every day.

I memorized the missionary purpose and the first vision in portuguese this week!

We've been continuing to teach lessons with less and less prep; I'm getting the hang of it for sure.

I play volleyball every gym period I get and I'm loving it.

Illness has been running rampant through our district, many in our district have all gotten sick and have spent time with their companions sleeping, kind of jealous, but I've been taking my vitamins and using plenty of hand sanitizer and have been completely fine. 

Teach my friends how to use DearElder please, I cant stress it enough!!!!!!!

So there were two highlights from this week, one being spiritual the other.... not at all.

On tuesday nights we have our big devotionals at the Marriot center, so this was a week ago right after I had emailed you guys. Elder Hinckley spoke to us, and he did a splendid job. The choir was fantastic, music is probably the time I feel the spirit the most. Afterwards, we had only the third picture of the entire MTC taken in the history of the MTC! If that picture ever comes out somewhere ( which I'm sure mom can find somewhere...) I am at the VERY VERY VERY far right. Near the bottom.

So my highlight for this week, which I cant believe is, was cleaning toilets. Me, Elder F., Elder P., and Elder A. took down 64 residential hall toilets. I had to aggressively unclog three nasty ones. We had a blast doing it though! We sang songs and goofed around, while doing a good job, and it was just so funny. You definitley had to be there.

Also tell the Sellers thank you for the package!


Well I know its sad but that about it for this weekend. Im sure i'll hear from mom in a minute of two.
Elder Siebers

No comments:

Post a Comment