Elder Cooper Siebers has been called to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He will serve for 24 months in the Brazil, Rio de Janeiro mission. He enters the Provo, Utah Missionary Training Center on 10 July 2013.

Monday, July 15, 2013

First (Handwritten) Letter from Elder Siebers

12 July 2013

Dear Family

I'm writing mostly to calm Mom down.  I hope this makes it before my first email (which will hopefully be on Tuesday.)

These past two days have honestly been the longest of my life.  I was immediately dumped into a small room with a few other Elders and Sisters.  The teacher ONLY spoke in Portuguese.  It was impossible at first, but I am already getting better.

My companion is Elder F.  He is from a tiny town in Oregon.

Unfortunately I have to go to bed in 4 minutes.  I hope to share more in my Tuesday email.  I truly appreciate the Dear Elder email!

Love Cooper

PS.  Sister T. is in my district.  We have chatted a bit.  I will tell her tomorrow. [That they knew each other as babies.]  I have a lot more to tell!  I'll try my best when I can.

[Sister T. is a young woman who used to live in our ward when she and Cooper were less than a year old.  Her family moved from here about 18 years ago.  Cooper's sister and Sister T's sister were in a pre-school together when they were just three.  She has been called to Rio de Janeiro as well, entered the MTC the same day Cooper did- and they are in the same district.]

If you would like to send Cooper a Dear Elder- just go to the tab at the top of this blog about sending letters.  Directions are there.   Dear Elder is FREE while he is in the MTC and he gets your messages same day if you send them before noon MST.

No comments:

Post a Comment