Elder Cooper Siebers has been called to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He will serve for 24 months in the Brazil, Rio de Janeiro mission. He enters the Provo, Utah Missionary Training Center on 10 July 2013.

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

73. Alcantara, Rio de Janeiro



1 December 2014


What an incredible week it was for us over here in Alcantara! This week had some unforgettable experiences.


First off, I finally finished my study of Jesus the Christ which began at the beginning of the year. I could write all day about the many things I learned from the reading but that would take days to write. It suffices to say that I learned mostly about the teachings and life of Christ and about much of the historical background that took place in his mortal ministry. The teachings, healing, parables, and his example were all examined thoroughly and once more I testify that He is our Savior and Redeemer. His life was scourged with the most brutal of mortal experiences, highlighted by his crucifixion and his atoning sacrifice for mankind. Through it all he managed to fulfill the Father´s will perfectly and without flaw. Because he lived, endured, served, and lives today, So. can. I.


Well, we've had some amazing miracles here in the past few weeks, most notably the high frequency of investigators having dreams, and the blessings didn't stop! X, whose been a slowly progressing investigator since day 1 here finally made it to church this week. He had been attended his church at 9:00 Sunday every week for the past 20 years and he had a dream this week that a close friend of his (not identifiable) advised him to stop going to the place where he didn't feel loved and comfortable, and to go to the place where he felt in family. He decided he would never return to the other church and was set on coming to church this week. AND  HE CAME. and LOVED it. The members embraced him lovingly and were on track for his baptism on the 13th.
In other news we had a massive Helping Hands project in the Stake center in Arsenal. Several local business came in offering free services and we weren't allowed to do any proselytizing work but we had a booth and many people took interest, ask us questions and took home church materials! Many of my Itaboraí friends were there so that was awesome. Also I got my health checked and I'm doing really well. My glucose was 103, after eating a pizza, I'm 5 10 and 135 pounds. heart rate was 130/80. Also I started some chinese audio therapy. They implanted some seed into various points of my ear and I have to keep them there for several days and iI'l start to have less pains in my back, shoulders and lumbar. We'll see how it turns out!


Lastly, that same day a missionary choir came to sing and Christmas special. I saw many of my good mission buddies, but the highlight was running into Bishop Silvio from Madureira! I had written a letter to him and was going to give it to the Elders from Mad. but I had my chance to hand it to him directly. J and T are swell, have callings and are preparing for the temple in the upcoming months. Junior and his younger brother are active and teaching with the missionaries frequently. I love that ward!


I hope you all had an awesome Thanksgiving and black friday! I would love to hear some stories!


Love you all


Elder Siebers

No comments:

Post a Comment