Elder Cooper Siebers has been called to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He will serve for 24 months in the Brazil, Rio de Janeiro mission. He enters the Provo, Utah Missionary Training Center on 10 July 2013.

Monday, November 24, 2014

72. Alcantara, Rio de Janeiro

24 November 2014

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO, this week was well beyond belief. This entire week was dedicated to preparing X for his upcoming baptism on Saturday. Things went without a hitch! I'm so grateful to be a missionary at this time in my life, not only to help others come to the truth of the restored gospel, but for my own personal conversion to the gospel as well. Through the experience we witnessed with X, my testimony in sincere prayer and fasting were solidified. I witnessed people with faith, people with sincere desire, calling upon our God,  to receive a testimony of His truth. Frankly, I'm speechless to the matter, and my mind has been left to reflect these past few days about it all. We will continue to teach Y and the gang, they are coming along. They also have desire to know if all these things are true. They've just haven't quite acted upon that desire yet. The formula is simple. Read. Attend Church. Pray and Ask, and these things will be made manifest unto those who do so with real intent and that have even just the smallest seedling of faith.

I have a lot of photos, but I don't have a method of sending them today. I'll try to work on that some more. The baptism was excellent. The bishop, the first counselor, the Elder's Quorum president, a recent convert, some other recent converts, and an investigator all attended! Elder L came and preformed the ordinance and also Elder E, his new comp. So it was awesome to see my MTC bud again!


Things are going swell here, the work continues, the members here are stoked to work alongside with us, and we´ll just keep on working here! Don't worry about me one bit!
I love you all so much and hope you all have an awesome Thanksgiving!!!!

Elder Siebers

PS.  I'm so excited for the package. Our zone leaders were in the mission office and they called me saying, "Elder Siebers, your package is too big for us.  We can bring it to you if your are in NEED but we would have to sacrifice the packages of the other elders of the zone because its sooo big!" This Saturday is one more opportunity to receive a package so all should work out this time! 

[Here's a shout out to some great people who used to live here in Canton, and recently moved to Idaho.  I am not even sure if they knew Cooper very well as he was at college most of the time they lived here.  They had an opportunity to go to Rio last month and asked if they could hand deliver some items to the Mission home there.  Considering that a large flat rate box through the only "authorized and recommended" postal system costs $80, has a 20 pound limit and takes 4-6 weeks to get there, if it gets there at all- I jumped on the offer.  My poor friend in Idaho.  The most efficient way to get it to her was to order a bunch of stuff on Amazon - Prime of course!  I have no idea how much I even sent, probably a large suitcase worth.  They were able to hand it off to the missionaries who live in the Mission home two weeks ago.  It was simply the nicest gesture to offer to this missionary mom.  This family has a couple of boys who will likely serve missions of their own one day and I truly believe that someone will pay this forward for this family.  Thank you Ps!]

No comments:

Post a Comment