Elder Cooper Siebers has been called to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He will serve for 24 months in the Brazil, Rio de Janeiro mission. He enters the Provo, Utah Missionary Training Center on 10 July 2013.

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

77. Rio das Ostras, Rio de Janeiro

30 December 2014

Well everyone, seeing as I'm writing a day late, you can probably guess what happened to me yesterday, but before we get to that, let's recap my last week in Alcantara. My time in Alcantara came to a peaceful close as the week of Christmas passed by. I got to talk to my family which was awesome as always. As I have said before, that skpye call is always so strange for me, its like I just want to hear you guys talk and you guys just want to hear me! I enjoyed the musical number! How did caroling work out (this keyboard literally doesnt have a question mark button) Anyways, I hope you all had an awesome Christmas! In the last week in Alcantara we had a dinner at Shana´s. Pork Leg, Turkey, rice, beans, farofa, and a ton of desserts. We ate so much and it was good company. I taught the kdis how to play Spoons and we had a blast. 



So late Sunday night we were at a members house, we had dinner with X, recent convert, whose going to travel to Forteleza unitl Februrary, so it was kinda a send off. While muching on hotdogs we got the phone call that both Elder Ribeiro and I would be transferred. Turns out that was the theme for the entire mission. Almost every single area is being whitewashed. [Whitewashed: both missionaries leave and two new ones come in.] In our Zone of 8 areas. 5 of them are being whitewashed and only 4 of the 16 elders stayed. 

I stayed up until 3am putting my suitcases together, which is reaching their limits, SO MUCH STUFF!!!! I had to write detailed intructions to help the new guys work their way around the area, find lunches, and investigators and all that stuff. I woke up at 6:30 and we took of to Botafogo for our transfer meeting yesturday. It was intense to say the least. I'll spare the details. I was transfered to an awesome area. My two good buddies Elder Evans and Elder Luque were here together before me, and they stayed in the zone as the LZs but in a different area now. Without any further ado, check out my new area on google maps-

Rio das Ostras! 



This area is BEAUTIFUL! Its a big city that is settled on the beach. It kinda feels like Masquamacut and Hammonassett. [Uhm no- I think he is really stretching it to say that this feels like a Connecticut beach.]   I'm so excited to explore the area today! 

From Botafogo, a member of the ward called us and asked us if we needed a ride. HECK YES!!!! We pulled up, we threw our suitcases in his car, and we took off for the 6 hour trip! We were cramped in his small Fiat. but it was way better than bus. We darted through Alcantara, Itaboraí and Rio Bonito on our way here and the trip was awesome. I got the same feeling I get when taking our trip to the Weber Cabins, the highway curved between tropical hills and this part of Rio is gorgeous! We stopped in Cabo Frio as well to drop some luggage off there for the other elders!

[Looking at the image of the Rio de Janeiro mission , you will notice that he is on the most northeastern edge of the mission boundary.  Rio das Ostras is near the city of Macae on this map.]








So yeah thats really about it! My new comp is Elder de Oliveira, he has 4 months in the mission., from Natal, Rio grande do Norte. He seems like agreat guy and were gonna get along well! 


Elders Siebers and Ribiero in Alcantara.



I love you all so much, 

Happy new year!

Elder Siebers

No comments:

Post a Comment