Elder Cooper Siebers has been called to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He will serve for 24 months in the Brazil, Rio de Janeiro mission. He enters the Provo, Utah Missionary Training Center on 10 July 2013.

Monday, April 28, 2014

42. Madureira Rio de Janeiro

27 April 2014

The results are in! yup. I'm staying for another transfer here in Madureira. I'm way excited to stay and continue to help this ward and the people we are teaching. I learn new things about the ward and the missionary work here every week and this week I learned something that blew my mind. I had assumed that the missionaries had been here in Madureira for a long time, turns out our Bishop pleaded the for missionaries in the ward after a long season of drought. He got his wish about two years ago, Madureira received missionaries. This transfer will make 7 months here in Madureira, and I'm really feeling that I've been put here for a purpose. I'm excited for this new transfer!

So some investigator updates this week.

M + F- We met with them twice this week and talked about simple ways they can make their home a better place to live. We made goals with them and things are looking good. They promised to go to church this week so I'm stoked about that!

Our golden referral A dropped us this week because she had a dream that she should follow her aunt who is a pastor in the Assembleia de Deus... she prayed to know if this was an answer from God and she feels it was. So that was a downer.... She still believes the Book of Mormon is true so we'll continue to drop by

We have a young man in the Sulacap ward, but he lives in the Madureira area. We went and taught him and he accepted baptism. We marked a date for this Saturday and he's accpeted and doing everything. Pray that he´ll continue to progress and the baptism will go over this week.

This week we had an unfortunate experience (several actually) but we'll stick with this one for now. During our weekly planning session I went to fill my water botttle with mineral water and while filling it up I noticed something in my water. I raised the bottle above my head to find about 10 dead, uncooked, rice sized white worms in my water. We went into investigate and found a container of rotten food that wrought forth life. There were little worms everywhere in the kitchen, they got into our food, water and everything. So that was a shame...

On a bright note we started "Noite Familiar da Ala" or Ward Family Home Evening, something that we feel this ward really needs. It will take place every single week now. Everyone comes to the chapel to hang out, we play a game, the missionaries share a simple message, and then everyone eats. It's perfect. The ward needs to fortify the relationships between the members and it will act as a huge missionary tool. We are really exctied! 

Again, I'm excited for transfers here, we'll be getting a new house, four new missionaries in our district and things are looking bright. Elder S got transferred which is really too bad. I love that guy and he really is my example of a missionary. 

I am now the last survivor of the original Madureira Zone that I walked into when I got here in November. So much has changed, but the work goes on. 



I love you all!!


Elder Siebers

No comments:

Post a Comment