Elder Cooper Siebers has been called to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He will serve for 24 months in the Brazil, Rio de Janeiro mission. He enters the Provo, Utah Missionary Training Center on 10 July 2013.

Monday, April 7, 2014

39. Madureira, Rio de Janeiro

7 April 2014

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoyed Conference this week. 

This week we had some success. We decided to visit a contact I did back in January (perks of being in an area for a long time) and we ended up teaching her. We had a great lesson and she said somethings that make her seem golden for baptism. Just a few quotes from our time with E:

"You guys are lucky to find me home, I work a ton and often leave the house for errands. I was going to leave today too, but something told me to stay home."

"The day you guys stopped me in the road, I was looking for guidance from God to help lead me in the right direction."

When asked if she had any questions about the lesson, "I had a bunch of questions at the beginning but you guys answered all of them."

Unfortunately we invited 26 people to conference and only 1 showed up. I was feeling really down about it, but President Uchtdorf's talk about gratitude helped me to remember to feel grateful for the one that came. 

In other news about General Conference, I loved a bunch of the talks that were given, but I especially liked Elder Ballard's for you guys. Clearly his invitation last session didn't impact us enough. I hope you guys back home will buy your own Preach My Gospel, study it, and look for opportunities to share the Gospel.

Other than that, I'm online a bit later than usual because we had to take a trip to the mission office to sign something for my visa. 




Love you guys so much!

Elder Siebers

No comments:

Post a Comment