Elder Cooper Siebers has been called to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He will serve for 24 months in the Brazil, Rio de Janeiro mission. He enters the Provo, Utah Missionary Training Center on 10 July 2013.

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

33. Madureira, Rio de Janeiro

24 February 2014

Well this was the week I've been waiting for for a very long time.

To begin we had zone conference early this week. 4 zones from across the mission gathered in Jacarepaguá to recieve training. The first conference was when I had been here for only 3 weeks so I didn't get a lot out of it, but this training was fantastic. I learned a lot and have been applying it nicely. It was great to see so many friends as well, namely Elder W and Sister C AND I got to see our newcomers, Elder P and Sister T. 

The MTC gang is slowly but surely all finding their way to Rio.


But to get to the highlights that basically took up our entire week... We attended the wedding of J and T, I had no idea how it works here in Brazil, but it ended up pretty short. We basically just waited in a long line and then within two minutes this women married the two of them.




Anyway, then that night we had interviews. The ZLs did the interviews and they both expressed how ready they are to be baptized. Elder S said of T, "I've never had an interview with an investigator who is more prepared to be baptized than him. He UNDERSTANDS the atonement and he applies it." 

The next night was the baptism, and it went off with out a hitch. We had a great turnout, I counted 21 people (thats incredible actually). We showed the video of their marriage, people cried, the bishop brought his video camera and caught a lot of it. No troubles with the ordinance... all was swell. 




Sunday, we had four confirmations, the son of a semi-less active family who was baptized 10 weeks ago, I_, and J+T. After Sacrament Meeting, Jurema was putting together our March lunch schedule we got signed up with J+T. They already feel like regular members of this ward, and I'm just holding onto the edge of my seat for their callings. 

Now we are in an odd situation. After their baptism we were all like... Ummmm now what? We have to find another family, so thats the goal for this week.

We also had two random investigators come to church that attended another ward. We haven't taught either of them yet so were excited about that. Elder S had a dream last night that one of them was baptized, so yeah its gonna happen! 

Mom, I got the package this week!!! Woooo. Very handy! I already made some mac for me and my comp and he loved it. Also were hitting up Subway today with the rest of the district. Soooo pumped!

Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD! Hope it's a good one!

Thats about all for this week, lot of photos to come!

Love you all!


Elder Siebers

No comments:

Post a Comment