Elder Cooper Siebers has been called to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He will serve for 24 months in the Brazil, Rio de Janeiro mission. He enters the Provo, Utah Missionary Training Center on 10 July 2013.

Saturday, August 17, 2013

5.1 MTC Provo UT

Yeah ok, so today is kinda of our very last day at the MTC. Tomorrow is Sunday which is unlike any other day here. 

So this week a few things did happen. Mostly though we've been just having a lot of fun, enjoying these last few days here. 

On Tuesday, Elder Richard G. Scott gave us a wonderful talk about feeling the spirit. 

So heres what really happened withe the whole Jake hosting thing. Our district has been wanting to host for the longest time. We get to miss one of our 3 hour classes and help new missionaries. Who wouldn't want to do that?  None of us really knew how to get involved in that and we just kept forgetting to find out. On our way to lunch that day, Sister W saw these brothers handing out Host stickers and tracked them down. She got all of us in. I was pumped because I knew Jake was coming in today.

The drop of zone is long, about 40 cars could lineup and drop off simultaneously. I was assigned to a different spot but I knew Jake might not be dropped off that far and I might miss him. I waited in the front, and luckily there were enough hosts.  I and just watched every single car as they drove by. Elder D walked by early. Sieber F also walked by.  One of my friends from BYUI came by. That was cool. Most of the cars had tinted rear windows, so I really was hoping Jake would see me. As the probably 500th car drove by I saw a black figure in the back make a sudden hand movement. I knew it was Neeley. I started speedily walking down the sidewalk to catch up. It was really cool. It was nice to see him again. He doesn't quite understand how excited I was to see him. 

I'm just about packed. All I've left out are the things that I need for the next two days. Also I believe I can take one carry on and a personal item yeah? The camelback is a little large and takes up some space in the suitcase. Can I take both the camelback and the other backpack on the plane with me? 

I havent received that package yet. The package place closes at 2, so hopefully it comes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If not that would be really sad. Havent gotten phone card yet... [Received another email later today- the package came and he has his phone cards for the airport.  He may or may not also have some canned soda, chips and salsa and some candy.]

I just got the letter with family from the cabin, that was nice.

I should call monday morning. Be on alert. 

The Elders had a really fun night last night. We lined up all three bunk beds, and just messed around. I love these guys so much. They all want me to transfer to Provo [BYU Campus] when I get home. Which I would love to, seeing as literally everything is better for me there... I feel. 



well today is a pday really, so I should be on later today

No comments:

Post a Comment