Elder Cooper Siebers has been called to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He will serve for 24 months in the Brazil, Rio de Janeiro mission. He enters the Provo, Utah Missionary Training Center on 10 July 2013.

Monday, January 26, 2015

81. Rio das Ostras, Rio de Janeiro

27 January 2015

Good morning family and friends, I hope you are all doing well! 

I'm doing great. I was able to recover from whatever I had last week early this week and things are back to normal health wise. 

This was a very down to earth week. We had another Zone meeting in Cabo Frio which turned into an interesting activity. Each companionship was sent out to find one person and bring them into the church to have a church tour. The zone leaders said that no one could go home until we brought someone in. We said a prayer and 6 companionships went running to speak to closest people around. The chapel in Cabio Frio is located on a majoy highway, and it was 3 o clock in the afternoon so theyre weren't that many people around. Amazingly each companionship was able to bring someone in within an hour. We brought a man in who was leaving his work, which was a woodshop nextdoor to the chapel. The activity was to help us understand that when we are DECIDED to do something, then we will find the way to do it. Many times in my mission I've had the attitude, "I'll work my best and whatever results come from it, so be it", I never really DECIDED that I was going to have certain results. When we are determined to have a certain result, ask God for his assistance, and act, we are much more likely to accomplish more. I digged the activity.



This week we continued to work with some awesome people whom are coming to get to know the church through members. The members are bring tons of people to church each week and we are just doing our part to teach them. 

Not too much else to report from this week, but things are going well! 

I love you all so much! Hope you are all enjoying these winter days, the weather here is beautiful!


Elder Siebers

No comments:

Post a Comment