Elder Cooper Siebers has been called to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. He will serve for 24 months in the Brazil, Rio de Janeiro mission. He enters the Provo, Utah Missionary Training Center on 10 July 2013.

Monday, June 23, 2014

50. Itaburai, Rio de Janeiro


23 June 2014

Hello family and friends! I had a great week!

 

I celebrated 20 years of life by walking in the pouring rain all day and teaching people about the restored gospel of Jesus Christ, it doesn't get any better than that! I was kinda hoping for an epic miracle on that day but it was pretty normal. 

 

This week we had our Zone Conference, which was to be the last with President Lima. The first part of the conference felt normal, like any other conference. Then things took a serious turn at the very end in Presidents final words. He told us the story about how he was called to be a mission president and his experience being called as a 70, he shared with us a powerful testimony that brought half the room to tears. He left us with only two desires for us.

 

1. To pray everyday that we will be ready to receive our new president, President Cabral, and to be willing to obey all of his councels

 

2. To not make ANY comparisons between presidents.



 

He began to tell us that a new chapter was beginning here in Rio, Pres. Limas work was to bring the temple here to Rio, but now its the time to build it. There are going to be changes made here in the mission and he wants us to support everything with an open heart and mind. I'm a bit anxious for these changes, but I'm doing my part and praying everyday to be ready for the upcoming changes. 

 

On Sunday we only had 1 investigator at church, a small victory, but we currently have 24 investigators, so we really have to do better getting them to church. Last night we had an awesome experience, we sat down and taught 6 brothers, all in their 30s and two of their wives. Everyone was seated and they all were incredibly attentive. My new missionary has a role of leading the lessons and he did an awesome job, they agreed to read the BoM and we scheduled to go back. 

 

We have a ton of investigators and the Lord is blessing us greatly. I'm doing well, besides the fact I feel like I'm hitting my midlife crisis. My likely return date is June 17th 2015, and I'm starting to freak out that my mission is already coming to an end. Ive been doing a lot of thinking and reflecting out my experiences so far and made some personal goals to get the most out of these next 12 months. Life flies by so fast, and we have to embrace everyday with goals and action. I still have a lot to learn, but I have changed so much and cant wait for this year ahead of me! 

 

I love you all!

Tchau! 

Elder Siebers

No comments:

Post a Comment